Saturday, April 14, 2012

Those Metal 80s: 'Dream Warriors' by Dokken (1987)

Those Metal 80s have returned again! Today we have 80s metal legends Dokken, and their 1987 track Dream Warriors. Dokken are an American heavy-metal band out of Los Angeles, California who formed originally way back in 1978, and consisted of original members Don Dokken (vocals and founder of the band), George Lynch (guitar), Juan Croucier (bass guitar), and "Wild"Mick Brown (drums). Dream Warriors was released in 1987 on the movie soundtrack for A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors, and the track can also be found on the band's 1987 album Back for the Attack.Yup, thats a movie that scarred me as a child as I was at the neighbors house watching it when my parents never would have allowed it, and the graphic images of Freddy Kruger slicing and dicing up teenagers and killing them in their sleep really freaked me out for years to come. But then again, I had A Nightmare On Elm Street 4 poster in my room, so it is sort of paradoxical I suppose. I will soon be posting #1 80s Dance hit, although now that I have been doing this awhile I may consider doing a version 2 of the whole list as I have come across so many new-to-me 80s dance hits, but then again I could do a 200-300 list as well...watch this space to find out what unfolds. 

No comments: