Thursday, October 27, 2011

Your 80s Halloween Rewind: '(Everyday Is) Halloween' by Ministry (1984)

Welcome to Your 80s Halloween Rewind! Now, I have already posted previously a list of my top 25 recommended 80s halloween songs for your halloween party; but I also wanted to single out some tracks that are new-to-me this year (in that I recently discovered them myself, despite the fact that they have been around for around 30 years or more). That said, we are revisiting a 1984 single by American industrial/metal band Ministry called (Every Day Is) Halloween. Ministry was founded out of Chicago, Illionois USA in 1981 by front-man Al Jourgensen, and was originally a synth-pop band. In the late 1980's the band changed their musical style to industrial-metal and found mainstream success by the mid 1990's. The band also consists of members Mike Scaccia, Tommy Victor, Tony Campos, John Bechdel, and Aaron Rossi. (Every Day Is) Halloween was a single track, released in 1984 and can found on their Twelve Inch Singles (1981-1984) compilation album. So there you have it, I may or may not try to add more as I go, so stay tuned, 'tis the holiday season coming up! 

No comments: