Wednesday, March 2, 2011

#23 of VJ Samsonite's Top 100 80's Dance Hits Countdown: 'Anything, Anything (I'll Give You)' by Dramarama (1985)

After a longish pause I am back to furnish you with #23 of VJ Samsonite's Top 100 80's Dance Hits Countdown....and the song is the 1985 hit Anything, Anything (I'll Give You), by Los-Angeles-based American alternative-punk-power-pop band Dramarama. Dramarama originally formed in New Jersey back in 1982 until they temporarily disbanded in 1994 only to re-group in 2003. Singer/songwriter/ John Easdale has been the front-man for the band and its primary member whilst many other members not mentioned here have come and gone, so if you want band member info then check into their wikipedia page HERE for all of the tedious details. Anything, Anything (I'll Give You) appeared on their 1st studio album, which was released in November of 1985, and titled Cinéma Vérité, and incidentally it was also featured on the Nightmare on Elm Street 4 motion picture soundtrack in 1988 (which was a movie that freaked me out as a kid, and for some odd reason I still insisted on having the movie poster of in my room, I suppose I was a bit of a masochist or something). This song is a great dance-tune as it adds some high-energy upbeat 80's punk/pop flavor to the countdown and playlist, and it is for some reason definitely a unique song, but I can't quite put my finger on it. So there is #23...more to come. The following was the only video I could find with decent sound quality on YouTube...

No comments: