Monday, December 13, 2010

#36 of VJ Samsonite's Top 100 80's Dance Hits Countdown: "One Night Love Affair" by Bryan Adams (1985)

#36 of the Top 100 80's Dance Hits Countdown is....One Night Love Affair, by by Canadian singer/songwriter Bryan Adams. Now, seeing that we've had one of his other songs on this countdown already I am going to repost some repeat information from that post here: Bryan Adams was born on November 5th, 1959 in Kingston, Ontario, Canada, and has become the bestselling Canadian male recording artist of all time! Over the years he has won 15 Grammy Awards, 18 Juno Awards, as well as MTV Awards, ASCAP Awards, and American Music Awards. I would also mention that his music done for films have been nominated for Golden Globes and Academy Awards as well. In April 2006 Adams was inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame, and in 2008 he was ranked #38 on the list of All-Time Top Artists by the Billboard Hot 100 50th Anniversary Charts. He is no doubt a big player in the music biz, and he got his start there in 1977. Adams has sold somewhere around the vicinity of 100 million records worldwide. One Night Love Affair (which I might add is my personal Bryan Adams favorite) comes off of his 4th studio album titled Reckless, which was released back in 1985. This song reached #13 on the Billboard Hot 100, and #7 on the Mainstream Rock Chart, and it also appears on his Anthology album. I must admit that I was not that aware of this song, and the first time I actually heard it was whilst watching the classic 80's Val Kilmer movie called Real Genius (which has a few other great songs on the soundtrack I would recommend checking out for sure!), and you can hear it during the scene of the "Tanning Invitational" where a group of students are enjoying a racy pool party in a large university lecture hall. Well, there is the #36 folks, totally rad, and on we go to the next!

Pssst...I hope you all had a chance to check out the 80's Christmas music post and that you've been enjoying yourself some 80's classics. While I was writing that list I was thinking about all of these old 80' Christmas time movies (Christmas Vacation, Die Hard, Scrooged, Gremlins, etc.) and all the nostalgic childhood feelings that brought up. Well, don't know if I will have another Countdown post before X-mas, so Merry Christmas if I don't do one before then!

No comments: